Vet Books for Africa is excited to showcase the photos that were entered into our One Health Photo Competition! The competition ran from last year and entries closed at the end of February. There are two categories: Environment and Animals, and One Health Workers.
Photos depicting wildlife, farm animals, natural habitat and pets were entered into the Environment and Animals category, and photos of educators, conservationists and veterinarians were entered into the One Health Workers category.
The Environment + Animal Category winner will receive a R1000.00 voucher to spend at Sapmok Veldskoen
The One Health Workers Category winner will receive 1 week free self-catering accommodation that sleeps 6-8 people located on Barra beach, Inhambane, Mozambique.
The Overall winner (best photo and fit to theme) gets an amazing R5000.00 Voucher at Outdoorphoto – South Africa’s leading online camera store!
Below are all of our amazing entries, some of them with captions added!
Win a wildlife conservation experience! The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre (HESC), a partner of Vet Books for Africa (VBFA), focuses on wildlife conservation through the breeding of vulnerable and threatened species (in particular the cheetah), the rehabilitation of rhinos that have become victims of poaching, releasing animals back into the wild and creating an awareness of wildlife conservation. Cheetahs and rhinos are only some of the different species you’ll encounter at HESC!
Stand a chance to WIN a 5-day wildlife conservation experience at HESC, valued at R10 400. This includes accommodation, food, assisting in caring for the HESC animals and observing veterinary procedures that may occur during your stay.
This is a great opportunity for any veterinary student to gain valuable wildlife experience and to learn about the animals’ diet, behaviour and veterinary interventions.
* To win this Wildlife Conservation Experience we ask that each participant raises USD 500 (around R7 500) for the Vet Books for Africa initiative.
* This can be done in any way, from cash to EFT (for EFT use your name as reference)
* It does not have to be one single amount, but can be multiple smaller amounts adding up to USD 500.
* The competition will run throughout the year and every student has the opportunity to use the entire year to raise the money.
* There can be more than one winner. Every single student who reaches the USD 500 goal will have the opportunity to join in this incredible experience.
* Global Giving is our online crowd funding platform where you can easily donate from the comfort of your home by scanning a barcode. We encourage all participants to use this as a fundraising tool for easier and faster transaction. (Once again, make sure the person donating puts YOUR NAME as a note so that we know the money came from your fundraising efforts).
Vet Books for Africa is extremely excited to announce that our project will be launching on GlobalGiving on the 18th of July, 2019!
GlobalGiving is an online crowdfunding community with the aim of helping various charities and organisations raise the funds they need to make a difference. It connects us to potential donors and companies from across the world, and makes donating as easy as a click away!
Our mission is to empower fellow vet students up in Africa to become better Veterinarians one day, something that can never be taken away from them. It will have a ripple effect on the protection, quality of Veterinarian care and conservation of African animals across the continent.
To realize this goal, we need to raise all the funds needed for our trip. We need funding for the latest veterinary textbooks and publications from international and local sources, 4×4 transportation, accommodation, fuel, food, visas, vaccinations and various miscellaneous supplies on the wish lists of the chosen charities and universities.
We have all the passion, will and dedication needed to achieve this dream, all we need is your financial help to make it a reality.
If you are able to help us in our cause, please consider clicking this button to go to our page on GlobalGiving.