The Wildlife Conservation Trust (WCT) is an entity that was founded through the efforts of many dedicated people and organizations working towards the conservation of endangered and vulnerable animal species.
The WCT facilitates projects with a focus on conservation, rehabilitation and the protection of wildlife; as well as education and training programs relating to the environment.
Projects associated with the WCT plays a critical role in the relocation and rescuing of abandoned, injured and orphaned animals. All projects are undertaken with the eventual goal of repopulating animals (both captive-bred and rehabilitated) to suitable natural preserves, with a long-term view of benefiting broad-scale wildlife conservation objectives in Southern Africa, for the ultimate well- being of planet earth and its inhabitants.
Wildlife Conservation Trust Vision
- To make a sustainable difference to vulnerable animal species, specifically those under threat of extinction;
- To be a partner to those whose work is fundamental to conservation, but who are restricted by a lack of money; as well as those who have the desire and capacity to offer tangible support;
- To educate people about the need to conserve wildlife and the environment.
Wildlife Conservation Trust Objectives
- Facilitating sustainable activities relating to conservation, rehabilitation and the protection of wildlife;
- Facilitating the care of animals in need, as well as the prevention of ill-treatment;
- Engaging in education and training programmes relating to environmental awareness;
- Facilitating projects whose focus is on educational enrichment, academic support, supplementary tuition or outreach programmes for the poor and needy;
- Facilitating training for unemployed persons with the purpose of enabling them to find work that is meaningful and sustainable;
- Facilitating the provision of school buildings or equipment for public schools and educational institutions engaged in public benefit activities.
Wildlife Conservation Trust offers Vet Books an amazing opportunity to reach even more people and animals with our efforts. We are excited to walk a path together and learn from this awesome organisation how to make a tangible and lasting difference in our continent and its animals!